Powerful Content Techniques That Can Help To Drive More Sales and Conversions
Content is King. This is true, however, not everyone knows just how to use it in the right way to help boost their overall sales and conversions on a website. Content plays an important role in everyday life. It helps people to communicate with one another to build relationships, trust and understanding. This is important in the whole process of gaining more sales and conversions. If you’re looking to improve your profits but you only have content to work with, this expert guide will give you the most powerful content techniques that can help to boost your sales and your conversion for a better bottom line. Let’s take a look now.
Best Ways To Use Content To Your Advantage
- Reviews and Testimonials
Depending on the type of business or website you own, it’s a good idea to showcase reviews and testimonials, if of course, the good reviews outweigh the bad reviews. Reviews and testimonials are very powerful content pieces that shouldn’t be dismissed. With the ever-changing world of business and the competition that you face, it makes it more flexible for potential customers to pick and choose who they’d like to buy from. This is where showcasing reviews on your website comes in handy. Integrating reviews and testimonials on your website can help you:
- To improve trust and loyalty from your potential customers.
- Reduce your bounce rate by keeping people on your site longer. This, in turn, will allow you to have a higher chance of generating more sales and conversions. If your customers have to leave your site to find reviews, they may not return.
- Deliver a professional and convenient approach to your customers online shopping experience.
When showcasing your reviews and testimonials don’t forget to:
- Place a review tab on product pages if possible so customers can look at the reviews of the product while they’re still on the page. This gives customers the ability to make a spontaneous yet informed decision about a product they’re interested in.
- Add a testimonial page to a website or add them at the bottom of your homepage. This allows new visitors to make their mind up about your site quicker without having to research for company reviews.
The idea of showcasing your reviews is to help improve customer/client trust. When trust is starting to form you’ll start to see more interaction from your customers, which can lead to more sales and conversions.
- Trigger Emotions From Your Content
Another way to help improve your conversions is by triggering emotions from your content. Emotional marketing ties in well with content marketing and together when meshed well can help to drive more sales and conversions for your business. In order to gain the most effect from trigging emotions from your readership is by targeting passionate anger or happiness.
Passionate Anger – Passionate anger is an emotion that is generally used by charity organisations to motivate those to help donate to a cause. Charities generally use content and imagery that invokes mixed emotions from their audience which helps to generate more donations. Depending on the industry you’re in, you can help to boost your sales and conversion by triggering passionate anger. This can be done by showing your support for a charity or cause that you feel your audience may be interested in. Supporting a charity or cause not only shows that you feel strongly about something, but that you’re a respectable and trustworthy business. Donating some money from a sale to a cause can help to improve sales and ongoing repeat business.
- Happiness – Happiness can help to push visitors through your sales funnel, just as much as passionate anger can. When triggering happiness, try to think what sort of motivator would help to give your audience reason to purchase. Happiness can come in many forms such as a discounted price, a two for one sale, a free item or free installation. By delivering these deals on your website, on social media or through other advertising channels you’ll have a better chance of really improving your sales and conversions greatly.
Trigging emotions isn’t easy but can be rewarding to your bottom line. Don’t be afraid to try and trigger some emotions from time to time to help boost your sales.
- Deliver Professional Product Descriptions
The quality of the product descriptions that you use on your website is also important to whether you’ll see an increase in sales or not. Product descriptions are designed to give a description of a product that’s convincing enough for customers to purchase. However, if you have a 1 to 2 line description on a $150 product, do you think your visitors will buy a product they know nothing about? No. This is why it’s important to write professional product descriptions for each product you have on your website. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Avoid duplication of content from other websites, such as manufacturer’s sites, as this can hurt your website ranking. You can check for duplicate content with online plagiarism checkers such as Copyscape.com.
- When writing the descriptions, try to showcase the benefits as best as possible. For example: ‘This bike has 6 gears, reflectors and slip resistant handles’ isn’t as convincing as ‘This mountain bike offers up to 6 gear changes to help improve your ability to ride over all terrain. It has specially located reflectors that help improve your visibility for a safer ride in night time applications. The slip resistant handles reduce slipping of your hands under hot and sweaty climate conditions for better control overall’
- Add bullet points of the features and/or specifications. People tend to scan product descriptions to find what they’re looking for fast and bullet points can do this.
- Keep the description between 150-300 words. While you can add a longer description, you’ll find not everyone will want to read it. Descriptions should be to the point and give the benefits of the product in detail.
- Match the product description with a high-quality image of the product you’re selling. Visual appeal is just as important as the content that you’re placing on the page.
- Check for spelling mistakes. If a mistake is seen in the description, it will drop your sale instantly as it will appear unprofessional.
High-quality product descriptions can help to sell a product more successfully. If you have 3,000 products, you’ll need to write 3,000 unique product descriptions.
Content is powerful and can really help to drive more results when it comes to the sales funnel. By improving your content, utilising these key areas suggested in this article, and taking advantage of key marketing channels such as video, social media, PPC advertising, and other traditional marketing channels, you’ll be able to reach your audience better and drive more sales and conversion back to your business. So, are you ready to improve your sales and conversions?
Aaron is the co-founder of Studio 56 and is a passionate digital marketing expert who has worked with some of the largest digital marketing agencies in Australia. He has been working in the digital marketing field for ten years. Aaron loves to travel the world to not only enhance his cultural experiences but learn and enhance his skills in the digital marketing industry. He is dedicated to helping others reach their online marketing goals.